- Physiotherapy home exercise programs,(hep) estimated around 40,000 online apps available as per NHS, UK, Smartphone applications and Condition specific apps becomes vital for patient usage. Telerehabliation promotes active participation from both the physiotherapist and patient throughout the course of treatment.
- Consultations, diagnostic assessments and delivery of treatment interventions and Verbal and visual interaction between participants are carried out effectively in telerehablitation.
- Problems in the telerehabliation are the inability to measure participant’s physical performance. It can be Overcome by measurement tools that were able to objectively quantify participant’s physical performance.
Adavantages of telerehabliation:
- High reach, low cost
- Effective communications, reaches wider groups
- Travel cost to clinics
- Patients takes the responsibility of helping themselves as an active partner, not a passive participant
- Useful for chronic long term conditions
- Can have long term follow ups
Disadvantages of telerehabliation:
- Pain management
- Low levels of physical activity at baseline
- Anxiety, depression and pain
- Poor social support
- Greater perceived barriers to exercise
- Poor understanding about their condition
- Difficult to commit to the time needed to exercise
2. Seron P, Oliveros MJ, Gutierrez-Arias R, Fuentes-Aspe R, Torres-Castro RC, Merino-Osorio C, Nahuelhual P, Inostroza J, Jalil Y, Solano R, Marzuca-Nassr GN, Aguilera-Eguía R, Lavados-Romo P, Soto-Rodríguez FJ, Sabelle C, Villarroel-Silva G, Gomolán P, Huaiquilaf S, Sanchez P. Effectiveness of Telerehabilitation in Physical Therapy: A Rapid Overview. Phys Ther. 2021 Jun 1;101(6):pzab053. doi: 10.1093/ptj/pzab053. PMID: 33561280; PMCID: PMC7928601.